Socially responsible, independent thinkers able to fulfil their life tasks and contribute to world renewal.
Guided by Rudolf Steiner’s anthroposophy, we provide an education based on the understanding of individual human development that fosters imagination, responsibility and a sense of truth.
Community – Be diverse, be inclusive, be engaged, be compassionate
Respect – For ourselves, for each other, for the earth, for the education
Integrity – Act with authenticity, act with transparency, act with uprightness
Commitment – Have dedication, have courage, take responsibility
Reverence – For childhood, for rhythm, for wonder, for humanity, for our spiritual intentions
In carrying out the Vancouver Waldorf School’s mission, we endeavour in all circumstances to:
- Deliver Waldorf curriculum in alignment with the shared principles for schools, as set out by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
- Foster a lifelong love of learning.
- Provide opportunities for learning and development for the faculty, staff and community.
- Strive for a socially, physically and financially vibrant and sustainable environment that nurtures the students, supports the faculty and staff, and engages the alumni and community.
- Provide and maintain a beautiful and healthy environment that supports the education of the students.
- Inspire a community where individuals participate and contribute to the school’s vision and mission while working out of our core values.
- Embrace cultural, social and economic diversity within the life of the school.
- Operate out of a recognition of the threefold principles of life, and create a school that is a living, evolving organism.